Groundbreaking Ideas Happen Here
Transfer Admissions Requirements
Students who haven’t yet earned a college degree:
- Apply online and submit official transcripts from all colleges attended, official high school transcripts, and SAT or ACT scores.
Students who have earned an associate’s degree or higher:
- Apply online and submit official transcripts from all colleges attended. Students who’ve already earned a college degree do not need to submit high school transcripts or test scores.
Other helpful information:
- We recommend a minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.7.
- Transcripts will be evaluated for transfer credit immediately upon admission to the University. Students hoping to receive AP/IB/AICE/CLEP credit should remember to send separate score reports for those exams.
- As with FTIC students, all full-time transfer students will receive a scholarship directly from the University. Each student’s scholarship amount will be determined within two weeks of the student’s admission date.
- Mailing Address: 4700 Research Way Lakeland, FL 33805-8531
Students enrolled at Florida Poly are exposed to the most advanced technology, work to solve real-world challenges and collaborate with faculty members and industry partners on applied research. Florida Poly’s industry-inspired curriculum and hands-on approach to STEM education – both in and outside the classroom – give graduates a competitive edge when they enter the workforce.
Florida Poly provides transfer students a variety of services to make the transition to their new campus as smooth as possible. Career services, student life staff and admissions counselors are all available to help transfer students get quickly acclimated to the Florida Poly campus and academic experience. Our advanced technology and cloud-based systems, including the all-digital library and the Florida Poly Pulse, make staying connected easy, whether you’re on or off campus.
Outside of the classroom, students have the opportunity to explore all that Lakeland and the I-4 corridor have to offer. In Lakeland, start with biking along Lake Hollingsworth or even catching a movie at the Silver Moon Drive-In Theatre. In the heart of downtown, visitors can find specialty shops, restaurants, pubs and museums.
Just a 45-minute drive in either direction, Tampa and Orlando offer big-city entertainment and attractions. To the west, Tampa is known for its major league sports, concerts and theatre venues, urban waterfront culture, Busch Gardens and the annual Gasparilla pirate parade each January. In the opposite direction, Orlando is home to world-class entertainment and theme parks, including Disney World, Islands of Adventures and Universal Studios. The Blue Man Group and many other theatre productions perform regularly.
Top 5 reasons to join the charge in
Be Inspired: Florida Poly’s distinguished faculty and staff have made their mark in advanced industries and heighten students’ learning through expert instruction and collaboration.
Be Sought After: Florida Poly’s industry-inspired curriculum and interdisciplinary learning environment place its graduates ahead of the curve when they enter the workforce.
Be Proactive: Through student organizations, intramural events and service opportunities, students can get involved and help to shape the culture of our new university for years to come.
Be Groundbreaking: Join the charge and further your education at Florida Poly’s state-of-the art campus featuring an all-digital library, more than 55 3D printers and scanners and a supercomputer.
Be the Next: Florida Poly students are encouraged to think like entrepreneurs and have the opportunity to research, invent and solve problems alongside faculty and industry.