The Master of Innovation & Technology (MI&T) degree provides cutting edge opportunities to address present day challenges and develop technologies for the future. The college supports graduate research utilizing state-of-the-art experimental and/or computational research facilities under close faculty supervision in the following areas: Cloud Virtualization, Big Data Analytics, Health Informatics, Logistics, Materials & Supply Chain Management, Cyber Gaming, Information Assurance, and Cyber Security. Both thesis and project tracks are offered in the masters degree in information technology and innovation..
Upon completion of the Master of Science in Information Technology & Innovation Degree, students will be able to:
- Design IT-based solutions utilizing applied analysis of user requirements.
- Identify, evaluate and implement current technologies considering their applicability to individual and organizational needs.
- Build team based projects and plans to develop, integrate and implement IT-based solutions from a managerial perspective.
- Manage project based solutions for teams using the most current research techniques and industry practices to identify and define the requirements that must be satisfied to address user needs.
- Identify and evaluate emerging computing techniques, skills, methods and theories.
Innovation & Information Technology Masters Degree Program Admissions Requirements
Admission decisions are based on consideration of the applicant’s previous academic records, statement of purpose, resume and letters of recommendations.
The following are the admissions requirements:
- A bachelor degree in Engineering, Applied Sciences, or a closely related discipline from a regionally accredited university
- A minimum GPA of 2.7 in the last 60-semester credits attempted
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is required for applicants with GPA less than 3.25. The GRE may be waived by the Graduate Student Advisor for applicants with a GPA of 3.25 or higher
- A letter of interest
- Two letters of recommendations.
University Graduation Requirements
- Satisfactory completion of 30 credits of approved graduate courses with a GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Meeting any pre-requisites/deficiencies identified by the Graduate Student Advisor.
- Compliance with all other university graduation requirements.
Total Degree Credits: 30